National Chocolate Day – December 24 #NationalChocolateDay
National Chocolate Day December 24 Holidays and Pictures #NationalChocolateDay – Happy National Chocolate Day Images and Download free Photo.We hope that you haven’t quite had your fill of chocolate during the holidays, as today is National Chocolate Day.
As we researched this day, we were a bit perplexed. Most of us have been enjoying chocolate treats all month long. All of the holiday parties have ample supplies for chocolate candies, cookies and other treats. Christmas get-togethers and Christmas stockings have plenty of chocolate. Wherever you go this month, chocolate of some kind has been less than an arms length away.
Equally confusing is the fact that National Chocolate Anything Day occurs earlier in the month. We wonder why there are two practically identical holidays so close together.
Then the answer dawned on us…… Chocoholics! If you count yourself in this group, and we hope you do, then every day should be National Chocolate Day!
Origin of National Chocolate Day:
Our extensive search has yet to discover any factual content on this very special day. We have little doubt the the candy industry or a confectioner created this chocolatey day.
There was some reference to this as a “National Day”. We found no congressional records or presidential proclamation.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
– 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups powdered sugar
How to make Chocolate Frosting:
– Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Allow to cool until just warm.
– In a mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy, about 3 minutes.
– Add milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
– Add melted chocolate. Beat about 3 minutes.
– Add powdered sugar, beating on low until smooth and creamy.