National Bicarbonate of Soda Day – December 30
National Bicarbonate of Soda Day December 30 History and Photo – Happy National Bicarbonate of Soda Day Images and Download free Pictures. National Bicarbonate of Soda Day National Bicarbonate of Soda Day, or Baking Soda Day, celebrates the many benefits and uses of Bicarbonate of Soda.
Just how does Baking Soda work and what, specifically, does it do? Few people seem to know. It’s quite simple. We will skip the chemistry lesson and how Baking Soda is made. Let’s just talk to what it is, and what it does. Bicarbonate of soda is a chemical compound – sodium carbonate or sodium bi-carbonate. When heated, it creates carbon dioxide, a gas. The gas aids a variety of bakery products to rise as they cook.
Many people just think of Bicarbonate of Soda as something you use for baking. But, it has so many more uses. Here are just a few of them:
– Baking- helps baked goods, like bread, to rise
– Relieve stomach indigestion and heartburn when mixed in water
– Removing odors in the refrigerator, vents, storage areas, and closets
– Removing odor in kitty litter
– It is used in fire extinguishers for grease and oil fires
– It is often used as a cleaning agent
– It can be used as a meat tenderizer
– Put it in water with beans to minimize flatulance from eating beans
– Polish Silverware
– Remove burned food from a pot or a pan
– And, the list goes on, and on, and……
Origin of National Bicarbonate of Soda Day:
Despite a whole lot of reference to this day, we found no content to help to identify the origin or the creator of this day.
With so many uses, it would sure make sense for Baking Soda to have a national day of recognition. Informally, it is indeed called a “National” day. However, we found no congressional records or presidential proclamation.