Learn About Composting Day – May 29th #LearnAboutCompostingDay
Learn About Composting Day May 29th History and Photo #LearnAboutCompostingDay – Happy Learn About Composting Day images and download free pictures. Learn About Composting Day is a great opportunity to “Go Green” and help the environment. Composting is easy. It makes you feel good, knowing you are doing your part to keep our environment a little bit cleaner. You may be surprised at how easy it is to compost. And, everyone can compost.
What to compost- As you learn about composting, you will be surprised at all the things you can compost. It is common knowledge, that you can compost garden and yard vegetation, as well as kitchen (vegetable) scraps. But, you can also recycle many other things, including papers, untreated wood, and cardboard. Cardboard paper towel and toilet paper holders are great items to compost.
You can use compost around your plants, to feed them, keep the weeds down, and to help retain soil moisture. If you don’t have a yard, you can give it away to family and friends that do. Your reward will be flowers, vegetables or herbs from thankful gardeners.
Did you Know? You can make Compost Tea with your compost materials to feed your indoor and outdoor plants! It will save you $$$.
How to Celebrate Learn About Composting Day
There are a wide range of activities you can do to celebrate this special day. They include:
– First and foremost, everyone should learn more about composting. See More on How to Compost.
– Today is a great day for schools to create a lesson plan on composting.
– Restaurants and businesses can buy composters to start a compost program and hold training for staff.
– Organizations, local governments, and gardening groups can hold seminars on composting for the general public.
– As an individual, learn more about composting. See More on How to Compost.
– Learn the different kinds of composting: Compost piles, compost tumblers,and compost bins.
Origin of Learn About Composting Day:
Holiday Insights created this special day in 2011.
We are strong advocates of the “Go Green” renvirnmental movement. Composting is easy. We believe everyone can practice composting, to leave a better world for our children.
As a Boy Scout leader, this author follows the Boy Scout motto “Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle”. Composting is a great way to re-use a wide range of things that otherwise would go un-necessarily into the waste stream.