Houseplant Appreciation Day- January 10th #HouseplantAppreciationDay
Houseplant Appreciation Day January 10th History and Pictures #HouseplantAppreciationDay – Happy Houseplant Appreciation Day Photo and Download free Images. The holidays are over. The decorations have been put away for another year. The house looks a little plain, a little drab. In the greyishness of January, your eye catches something in the corner of the room. Why, it’s a houseplant! Funny, but with all of the holiday hubabuloo, you’ve all but forgotten your houseplants.
Today is THE day to get back to tending to, and loving your houseplants. And, it’s also a day to appreciate just how special and important they are. They are therapeutic, lifting your mood and outlook. They add warmth and a calming effect. If you are a gardner, they give you an opportunity to play in the dirt, until spring arrives in the far, distant future.
Growing houseplants is pretty easy. They need a little sunlight, water, occasional nutrients, and a little love..
How to Celebrate Houseplant Appreciation Day:
There are lots of ways to celebrate and enjoy this day. They include:
– Start by making sure that the houseplants you already have, are well watered. Give them a special treat today… a little fertilizer.
– If you do not have any houseplants, or just have a couple, buy a new houseplant (or two) on this day).
– Learn more about the benefits of houseplants to your health.
– Stand by your houseplant and breath in the air! It’s giving off oxygen.
– Teach your kids about growing and caring for plants.
– Give a houseplant to a friend, especially the elderly or shut-ins.
– Talk to your plants. Yes, people believe plants respond positively, when you talk to them.